Information Technology Research
- Conducted research examining the process of selecting, deploying, and operating information technology within organizations. Investigated topics involving information technology strategy formulation and business alignment; information technology organization, structure, and governance; implementation and change management; and, organizational learning and knowledge management.
- Reviewed government and industry standards regarding compliance requirements for the safeguarding of data. Examined governance principles and how they ensure security programs are aligned with an organization’s long-term strategic objectives. Evaluated emerging information security protection research to gauge, estimate, and examine the impact of implementing various system and application security protection mechanisms.
- Applied quantitative techniques for data exploration and analysis. These procedures included sample analysis, population testing, analysis of variance (ANOVA and MANOVA), canonical correlations, multiple regression modeling (linear, nonlinear, and logistic), factor analysis, and various nonparametric tests.
- Wrote technical portion of the net assurance proposal section and its associated task order to support Science Applications International Corporation’s (SAIC) effort to win the Defense Information Systems Agency’s (DISA) $4.6 billion Global Information Grid Services Management Operations (GSM-O) contract. Processes to safeguard DISA’s digital infrastructure were developed using the DoD O-8530.1-M’s Computer Network Defense Services (CNDS) Evaluation Framework. These processes detailed those actions to be taken for preventing or mitigating computer network attacks that could cause disruption, denial of service, degradation, destruction, exploitation, or unauthorized access to its computer network.
- Incorporated ITIL processes, industry best practices, and organizational capabilities/past performance into the development of win themes/strategies and storyboards to support Dell Services Federal Government’s proposal effort for the Navy’s $10 billion Next Generation Enterprise Network (NGEN) contract. Conducted research and interviewed subject matter experts to gather material supporting Dell’s capability to effectively manage service desk operations.
- Developed technical material to support URS-Apptis’s effort to win the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation’s (PBGC) $140 million IT Infrastructure Operations Support Services (ITIOSS) contract. Interviewed subject matter experts to gather information supporting URS-Apptis’s capability to effectively manage end-user support services and service desk operations.
- Served as Volume Lead for development of the management and staffing volumes to support Dell Services Federal Government’s proposal effort for the Marine Corps Network and Infrastructure Services Site Sustainment contract. Conducted research and interviewed subject matter experts to gather material supporting Dell’s capability to effectively manage and supply staff augmentation.
- Served as Volume Lead for a task order to support Dell Services Federal Government’s proposal effort for the National Institutes of Health’s Cyber Technologies Staff Augmentation Program, a contract potentially worth $120 million. Conducted research to gather material supporting Dell’s capability to effectively manage and supply staff augmentation.
Operational & Technical Leadership
- Served as the Operations/Logistics Manager and application development lead for the expansion of the Defense Logistics Agency’s global food inventory management system (STORES). Supervised software development activities and related tasks, including requirements gathering, configuration management, quality assurance, help desk, installation, and training. Assisted with planning, program supervision, and budgetary administration and oversight.
- Served as a team lead for the FBI’s Information Assurance Technology Infusion (IATI) program. Supervised software development and performed related tasks, which included scheduling project milestones, developing technical requirements, and preparing technical documentation (hardware/software architecture, system design specifications, test plans, functional operations, and system maintenance).
- Achieved a 98% operational effectiveness rating while supervising the manufacturing, warehousing, and procurement activities of 120 technicians, and a munitions account worth $8.5 million. Supported daily munitions requirements for a fighter squadron, the Tactical Fighter Weapons School, Red Flag, OT&E operations, and special projects.
- Served as team and volume lead for the development of Life Cycle Cost estimates and trade studies for Lockheed Martin’s successful AMF JTRS proposal effort for the Department of Defense, an award valued at $7.66 million.
- Supported the development of an electronic case management system (Sentinel) for the FBI. Developed technical documentation detailing the system’s design specifications. Wrote operational procedures and installation guides. Integrated security monitoring applications into existing network infrastructure.
- Served as team and volume lead for the development of Life Cycle Cost estimates and trade studies for Lockheed Martin’s successful AMF JTRS proposal effort for the Department of Defense, an award valued at $766 million. Supervised a team of three systems engineers in the collection of historical data and preparation of parametric models. Performed total system audits to ensure that all necessary support functions were captured. Prepared cost reports and presented findings to management, contract personnel, team partners, and DoD representatives.
- Developed Intranet applications using ASP.NET, VB.NET, HTML, CSS, and Microsoft SQL Server 2005. Conducted initial meetings with users to collect, analyze, and evaluate business requirements, as well as follow-up meetings to review project status and provide demonstrations. Performed unit and application level testing. Integrated completed applications into existing infrastructure.
- Developed a travel voucher processing system to assist with budgetary management and expenditure tracking. This application reduced manpower requirements within the organization for processing expense reports by 50%.
- Instructed senior level managerial economics course involving the application of economic theory to decisions made by firms with focus on demand analysis and estimation, production and cost analysis under different market conditions, and forecasting.
- Instructed sophomore level information systems foundation course introducing major concepts regarding business information systems, including computer hardware, software, networks, and databases.
- Conducted research and quantitative analysis to support departmental faculty in their various projects.
- Presented a paper examining pay versus performance in Major League Baseball at the Western Economic Association International 66th Annual Conference in Seattle, WA (1991).
IT Researcher and Technical Writer
Independent Contractor ( Seeking Full-Time Opportunity) – 2011 to Present
Doctoral Student, Information Technology
Capella University – 2008 to 2014
Senior Systems Engineer
MBA Consulting Services, Inc. – 2008 to 2009
Systems Engineer, Staff
Lockheed Martin Corporation – 2003 to 2008
NCI Information Systems, Inc. – 2001 to 2002
Staff Consultant (ASE Database Administrator)
Sybase, Inc. 1999 – 2000
Previously, held progressively responsible positions involving systems analysis and software engineering.
The University of Memphis, 1992 – 1994
Aerospace Munitions/Aircraft Maintenance Officer
United States Air Force, 1980 – 1985
PhD, Information Technology (Information Security)
Dissertation: “Factors that Influence Self-Disclosure for Job Seekers Using Social Networking: A Qualitative Case Study”
University of Nevada at Las Vegas
MA, Applied Economics
Thesis: “Determinants of Salary in Nonprofit Organizations: A Study of Executive Compensation in Symphony Orchestras”
Golden Gate University
MPA, Administrative Organization & Management
HONORS & AWARDS
The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi • Omicron Delta Epsilon, International Honor Society in Economics • Dean’s List, Hampden-Sydney College • National Honor Society • Marquis Who’s Who in the West • Lockheed Martin Spot Award for Outstanding Effort Contributing to Mission Success (2) • Lockheed Martin Certificate of Appreciation for Outstanding Effort Contributing to Program Success • Lockheed Martin Certificate of Accomplishment